SW Energy work closely with the client / developer teams and project manage the day to day responsibility for ensuring the metering systems are set up and functioning correctly for all our community energy schemes.
We are responsible for purchasing over £5 million of utilities on the commodities market, taking advantage of bulk group purchasing and market timing. This results in lower utility costs for our clients and residents on our community energy scheme.
Benefits Of SW Energy Community Energy Schemes
There are many benefits of SW Energy community energy schemes that benefit both the developer and resident, leading to a win-win situation.
As part of SW Energy community energy schemes we offer a unique part ESCo energy services proposal. This benefits the developer as follows:-
• SW Energy takes responsibility for all the financial risks for the energy billings, with recovery being outsourced.
• The costs for energy usage is recovered outside of the service charge, so is a separate entity.
• There is a reduced need for management and administration time and also a reduction in labour hours, as reading several hundred meters takes time. SW Energy community energy schemes takes responsibility for this.
• The developer is no longer responsible for meter data accuracy, records and engineer call outs for maintenance, as once again, SW Energy community energy schemes takes responsibility for this.
• SW Energy offer impartial district heating system and energy advice, and director level personal contact when dealing with energy management issues.
• All of the above benefits are offered and normally there is no charge for the developer.
SW Energy community energy schemes also offer a number of benefits for the residents:-
• SW Energy use modern payment and billing systems, allowing residents to pay for real consumption as opposed to part of the overall bill based on square footage, which can be an unfair method.
• The energy costs are separate to the service charge and billed on a transparent as used basis.
• SW Energy is able to offer a range of convenient payment methods and offers a dedicated call centre for queries and payments. This call centre offers a single telephone number for all enquiries relating to billing and meter queries making it a simple system for residents to use
• When using SW Energy community energy schemes, our direct billing can achieve savings of 30%